******* ATTENTION PLEASE *******
I moved my blog to www.lilmejo.com

See you See ME there kay.. ^^

Thursday, December 06, 2007

Santa Claus is coming to town ^^

Should it be Xmas or Christmas? My msn nick used to be "Xmas is coming to town", until I got “sound” by Wendy regarding Xmas, she said I left out Jesus Christ by replacing it with X, for the sake of pleasing her and my conscience, I changed it. Just now suddenly I have the urge to add my knowledge about “Christmas”, so I went to Wikipedia. Then I discover this;

The word "Christmas" is a contraction of two words "Christ's mass" and is derived from the Middle English Christemasse and Old English Cristes mæsse, a phrase first recorded in 1038. In early Greek versions of the New Testament, the letter Χ (chi), is the first letter of Christ (Χριστός). Since the mid-16th century Χ, or the similar Roman letter X, was used as an abbreviation for Christ. Thus, Xmas is an abbreviation for Christmas.

Oh well, at least I know more about Xmas. ^^

I don’t really know why I’m so fond of Xmas; perhaps the joy of receiving gifts, the colourful Xmas tree or just a simple smile from the person who are pleased with the gift I gave. To me Xmas is about getting together, having fun and sharing. So same ol me, this year is no exception from open house, partying and a visit to the orphanage. I’m so looking forward for bbq-ing my face, facial snow spray mask and my once a year part time job; Santarina.

I’ve PIMP my house =P


MY faithful ol tree =)




eheheh.. Even my windows are not spared.

No comments: